Installation and License Management:
How do I obtain a trial license?
- When you download and install Data Cleanser, you need to select the 'Stratus Data Cleanser App from the Force.com App Menu at the top right hand corner of SFDC. Click on the tab entitled Data Cleanser. You will automatically be brought to the Trial screen which will ask you to fill out some information. Once you have reviewed and accepted the Terms and Conditions, your 14 FREE trial will automatically start.
How long does the trial license last?
- The trial is valid for 14 days.
What restrictions does the trial license have?
- The trial will allow you to create matching scenarios for your leads, Contacts and Accounts. You will then have the ability to merge 5 groups of duplicates. This will allow you to understand how Data Cleanser works and give you the chance to also see the merge functionality You will not have access to the Mass Merge functionality in the trial. To continue to merge the duplicates, you will need to upgrade the to the PRO license.
How can I upgrade to the Full License?
- When you click on the Data Cleanser Tab in salesforce.com, you will see a PURCHASE button. If you click on this button you will have the choice to Request an invoice or purchase directly. You can also contact us at email@example.com
How much will it cost to Upgrade?
- The cost for upgrade will depend on the number of SFDC licenses that you currently have. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote.
Where to do I enter my Full License?
- When you receive your PRO license, simply click on the Data Cleanser Tab and then on the 'Purchase' button. Another screen will pop up with a button entitled 'Enter Your License Key' Click on this button and a pop up window will appear for you to enter the key. Click on Submit Key and you will now have all of the functionality of Data Cleanser PRO.
Can I install Data Cleanser in a Professional edition of Salesforce.com?
- Yes, Data Cleanse will work in the Professional Edition of salesforce.com. Contact us at email@example.com for a Professional edition package.
Will my license work in production and in sandbox?
- Yes, the license key will work in both production and in sandbox.
How do I add the duplicate viewer to the page layout?
1. Navigate to Setup | App Setup | Customize | Leads | Page Layouts.
2. Click on 'Edit' to the left of the Page Layout Name entitled "Lead Layout.
3. From 'Fields', select and drag 'Section' to the Lead page layout where you would like to see the 'Potential Duplication' section appear
4. Rename Section Name from 'New Section' to 'Potential Duplicate' and ensure that the Layout is 1 column.
5. Next, from 'Visualforce Pages' select and drag 'Lead Duplicate List' to the new section added in Step 4
6. Save the New Lead Page Layout.
7. Repeat Steps 1 through 6 to add Potential Duplicates section to Contacts and Accounts Page Layouts
Data Cleanser Functionality:
I’ve created and activated my scenario, now what?
- Once the scenario is active, Data Cleanser will have identified all of the duplicates based on the scenario and will have listed these in the ‘Merge your Duplicate Records’ section of Data Cleanser for you to review and merge. If you have added the ‘Potential Duplicate’ Visual Force Page to your Page Layout , you will also see if there are any duplicates for that particular record.
What does First XX letters mean?
- This matching type is useful to find duplicates that have the same first few letters. By selecting this matching type you will have the option to find duplicates that start with the first letter, the first two letters, the first three letters, the first four letters or the first five letters.
What does Word Mapping mean and how would I use it?
- This matching type will be used in conjunction with a listing that you provide Data Cleanser in the Preferences section of Data Cleanser. This listing will match two different values, such as HP and Hewlett Package. Therefore if you know of any two values that you wish Data Cleanser to evaluate as being the same value, enter them in the Preferences Section.
What does Word Removal mean and how would I use it?
- This matching type will be used in conjunction with a listing that you provide Data Cleanser in the Preferences section of Data Cleanser. This listing will ignore values from the fields they are searching in. For example, if you add 'Inc.' to the Word Removal Listing, and use this matching type for the Account Name then IBM and IBM Inc. would be found as matches of one another as 'Inc.' is ignore in the second account name.
What is the purpose of a filter?
- A filter will allow you to search a segment of your database. You simply need to select the field and the parameter you wish to search on. For example, some organization want to segment their duplicate search by user, therefore they add a filter to search by Owner Id. This will allow you to only see the duplicates that exist for that specific individual. As well, you can have filter logic to allow for And, OR statements in your filter search.
What merging options are available to me?
- You can choose from manual merging, mass merging or multi select merging. In manual merging, you will have the option to chose the correct fields for the record. With Multi select or mass merging, the master rule will determine the master record which all the other records will be merged into.
What are the record options on the merge screen?
- When you are viewing a duplicate group and you click on the Record Options button at the top of the screen, you will have the ability to choose the master record and then also remove any records from the group that should not be merged. You can deselect the records if you do not wish for them to be part of the merge.
There is a duplicate group shown where the records are not duplicates, what can I do?
- When viewing a duplicate group and the records are not duplicates, you can delete the duplicate group by clicking on the 'Remove Group' button at the top of the screen. This will remove the duplicate group from your view, it will not delete the records.
What is a multi select merge?
- A multi select merge uses the Master Rules that you set up on the scenario to identify the master record and uses this logic to merge the duplicate groups you select. It will identify the master record and then merge any other records in the duplicate group into that master. The master record fields that are populated will remain as they are but if there are any blank fields on the master, these will automatically be populated by the information on the other non master records if these are indeed populated. When you click on Multi Select Merge a list of the duplicate groups is listed and you can select those you wish to merge.
What is a mass merge?
- A mass merge uses the Master Rules that you set up on the scenario to identify the master record and uses this logic to merge all of the duplicate groups. It will identify the master record and then merge any other records in the duplicate group into that master. The master record fields that are populated will remain as they are but if there are any blank fields on the master, these will automatically be populated by the information on the other non master records if these are indeed populated.
How can I rearrange the fields shown on the merge screen?
- The fields are shown in alphabetical order according to their API name. If you would like to remove some of these fields or arrange the order of these fields, simply click on the Settings button in the Preferences section on the main screen of Data Cleanser. Then click on Column Order and select the object you wish to edit. You can then un-select fields that you do not want to see and click and drag the remaining fields in the order you wish to see them on the "Merge you duplicate records' screen. Don't forget to save your changes!
I am encountering an error, what do I do?
- There are a few options to review when you encounter a problem. First, if there is a warning message with the error and you do not understand the error, please take a screenshot of the error and email us a copy at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can help identify the issue. Second you can go to the Warnings section in the Preferences section to see if there are any warnings to give you a hint on how to resolved the issue. Again you can email us with the warning information so that we can help. Finally, we do offer support for our application, so please feel free to contact us so that we can help!
Do you have an auto schedule option?
- If you click on Settings in the Preferences Section of Data Cleanser, you will see a button entitled 'Auto Schedule Scenarios'. If you select this button, you will see the option to set scheduled jobs for Leads, Contacts and Accounts. You have to set the time of the scheduled job, the day and the scenario name. Then Data Cleanser will automatically run those jobs at the specified time and the results will be found in the 'Merge you duplicate records' section. Please note that when a scenario is run, any previous scenario for that object will be de-activated and the duplicate results will be removed from the view.
My scenario is taking a long time to run, what do I do?
- If the scenario seems to be taking a long time to run, you should check the Apex Jobs to see if there is a problem. If you go tot SETUP | Administration Setup | Monitoring | Apex Jobs then you will see the Apex Job that is currently running for the scenario (the Apex Class will read ' BatchUpdateDuplicateKey' ). You will see the total number of batches to be processed and the number of batches that are to be processed. As long as the number of Batch Processed is increasing then the duplicate search is working. If there is any error there then contact us at email@example.com to help in identifying the problem.